Sunday, June 1, 2008

Teenagers growing up

What a long time ago when my children were outside playing in the sprinklers and begging for slices of seeded watermelon while I prepared dinner watching them from the kitchen window. What dreams I had for who they would become! So imagine my shock when I get a call announcing my 19 year old son has been arrested for possession of cocaine. How did this all happen?

This blog is for me (and maybe you) to talk about how to come to terms with the changes that occur in our own lives when our children take a left turn when we expected a straight on course. It's to talk about how to deal with the grief and the actions and the moving on when a child in our lives is spiralling down out of control.

I have lots of thoughts and imagine you do too. Lets talk. And in the process we can heal and learn to live happy, joyful lives despite the actions of our children.

No comments: